Orthopaedics – Pharmcription
Orthopaedics is a branch of medicine that focuses on the care of the musculoskeletal system. This system is made up of muscles and bones, as well as
What conditions do orthopedists treat?
Numerous musculoskeletal conditions are treated by orthopaedic surgeons. These conditions might be inherited or develop due to trauma or aging-related wear and tear. Some of the most typical ailments that an orthopedist may treat are listed below:
- joint pain from arthritis
- broken bones
- injuries to the soft tissues (muscles, tendons, and ligaments)
- back ache
- a stiff neck
- problems with the shoulders, including bursitis
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- Meniscus tears, tendinitis, and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears are examples of overuse and sports-related injuries.
- congenital conditions like scoliosis and clubfoot.s joints, ligaments, and tendons.
Technology advancements like joint replacement and the arthroscope, which allows an orthopedist to see inside a joint, have benefited orthopaedic patients. However, your appointment will begin with a personal interview and physical exam. Diagnostic procedures like blood tests, X-rays, or other procedures might come after this.
Your treatment plan may include medical counselling, prescription drugs, casts, splints, physical therapy, or surgery. The majority of orthopaedic illnesses and injuries can be treated in more than one way.