The study, investigation, diagnosis, and treatment of any medical problems that may affect the skin, hair, nails, and membranes are all included in dermatology.
A lot of people suffer symptoms of one or more dermatological conditions at some point in their lives. These conditions might affect the hair, skin, or nails.
The following are some of the most prevalent dermatologic conditions:
- Acne: skin breakouts brought on by sebaceous gland inflammation
- Dermatitis: irritated or allergic skin that is swollen, red, and painful
- Eczema:It is characterised by itchy, rough, irritated skin that might bleed.
- Psoriasis:Itchy, red, scaly skin patches are a symptom of psoriasis.
- Fungal infections: a fungus-related infection of the skin or nails
- Warts: a virus-induced tiny, hard growth on the skin
- Cold sore: a herpes simplex virus-induced infected blister close to the lips
- Skin cancer: uncontrolled cell proliferation
Therapies in Dermatology:
To treat skin disorders, dermatologists may employ a variety of dermatological therapies. These may consist of:
- Topically applied drugs
- systemic medications
- A photodynamic treatment
- Laser treatment